Rabu, 07 September 2011

Subjunctive

SUBJUNCTIVE
A.   Kinds of Subjunctive Words
Ø  Wish                      (Berharap)
Ø  Would Rather       (Lebih suka)
Ø  As if / As though  (Seolah-olah)
Ø  If only                   (Kalau saja)
B.   Kinds of Tenses
1.     
S+Wish+That+S.Past
Rounded Rectangle: S+Wish+That+S.PastPresent Subjunctive
v  Wish
Verbal sentence
He
Wishes
That
I came to her house
Today
Subject
Subjunctive
Conjunction
Simple Past
Time signal
The fact: I don’t come to her house today.

Nominal sentence
They
Wish
That
She were at home
Now
Subject
Subjunctive
Conjunction
Simple Past
Time signal
The fact: She is not at home now
S+Would Rather+That+S.Past
Rounded Rectangle: S+Would Rather+That+S.Past
 

v  Would Rather
Verbal sentence
I
Would Rather
That
You didn’t go any where
Subject
Subjunctive
Conjunction
Simple Past
The fact: You go today

Nominal sentence
The students
Would Rather
That
The teacher were not in the class
Subject
Subjunctive
Conjunction
Simple Past
The fact: The teacher is in the class


v 
S.Present+As if/as though+S. Past
Rounded Rectangle: S.Present+As if/as though+S. PastAs if /As though 
Verbal sentence
She
Acts
As if
She didn’t have any problem
Subject
Verb
Subjunctive
Simple Past
The fact: She has a problem.

Nominal sentence
I
Speak
As though
I were a professor
Subject
Verb
Subjunctive
Simple Past
The fact: I am not a professor.
If only + S.Past + Past Future
Rounded Rectangle: If only + S.Past + Past Future
 

v  If only

Verbal sentence
If only
I had a car
Now
I would invite you to go
Subjunctive
S.Past
Adverb
Simple Past
The fact: I don’t have any car.

Nominal sentence
If only
She were my girl friend
Today
I would give her a flower
Subjunctive
S.Past
Adverb
Simple Past
The fact: She is not my girl friend.

2.    
S+Wish+That+Past perfect
Rounded Rectangle: S+Wish+That+Past perfectPast Subjunctive
v  Wish
Verbal sentence
I
Wish
That
My father had given me money
Subject
Subjunctive
Conjunction
Past Perfect
The fact: My father didn’t give me money.



Nominal sentence
She
Wish
That
She had been in Jogja yesterday
Subject
Subjunctive
Conjunction
Past Perfect
The fact: She was not in Jogja yesterday.
S + Would Rather + That + Past Perfect
Rounded Rectangle: S + Would Rather + That + Past Perfect
 

v  Would Rather
Verbal sentence
He
Would Rather
That
I had done my home work two days ago
Subject
Subjunctive
Conjunction
Past Perfect
The fact: I didn’t do my home work.

Nominal sentence
I
Would Rather
That
He had been a teacher
Subject
Subjunctive
Conjunction
Past perfect
The fact: He was not a teacher.
S.Past + As if/as though + Past Perfect
Rounded Rectangle: S.Past + As if/as though + Past Perfect
 

v  As if /As though 
Verbal sentence
You looked so fresh
As if
You had taken a bath
S. Past
Subjunctive
Past perfect
The fact: You didn’t take a bath.

Nominal sentence
They told about Canada
As though
She had ever been in Canada
S. Past
Subjunctive
Past Perfect
The fact: They were never in Canada.






If only + Past Perfect + Past Future Perfect
Rounded Rectangle: If only + Past Perfect + Past Future Perfect
 

v  If only

Verbal sentence
If only
I had invited her
She would have come to my party
Subjunctive
Past Perfect
Past Future Perfect
The fact: I didn’t invite her.

Nominal sentence
If only
I had been the best student
My father would have given me a present
Subjunctive
Past Perfect
Past Future Perfect
The fact: I was not the best student.



Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar